McGuire's Government Waste
In a new Auditor General's Report release in November 2011, The State owns, maintains and fuels too many cars.
The state paid $121 million in fiscal 2010 on buying, maintaining and fueling vehicles. The State has a fleet of more than 16,000 passenger vehicles for fiscal 2009 and 2010.
Factoring in the cost of insuring, storing and maintaining the vehicles, state workers must drive the passenger vehicles a minimum of 7,000 to 12,000 miles annually, depending on the vehicle, for the state to save money. Otherwise, the report said reimbursing state employees at 51-cents per mile for using their personal vehicles is cheaper.
And guess what... Many aren't used even in a minimal fashion. Wasting 10's of Thousands of Tax-Payer Dollars! This is YOUR wasted taxpayer money! This is McGuire's over-bloated Government which he does NOTHING about.
What's Millionaire McGuire's Solution... Raise Taxes!
HERE'S SOME ADDITIONAL SPENDING, WHICH IS ONLY THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG IN TERMS OF OVERALL GOVERNMENT SPENDING IN 2010
Jack McGuire Certainly Like's Music & Movies.. He Approved Spending in 2010 (in the middle of the recession) on:
• $19,000 to the Chicago International Film Festival;
• $12,200 to the Jesse White Tumbling Team;
• $11,255 to Kicking Cow Promotions, a marketing firm that has worked with Alpo, Friskies, and Meow Mix;
• $10,000 for the Dark Knight Gala, an event that honored film director Christopher Nolan, and included a screening of “The Dark Knight” and a dinner reception; [Hope McGuire Got A Signature On His Napkin!]
• $8,440 to the South Shore Drill Team & Performing Ensemble;
• $7,760 to Independent Features Project, which provides resources, information and avenues of communication for independent filmmakers, industry professionals and independent film enthusiasts;
• $6,500 to Bass Tubs by Hurt Promotions, which provides fishing seminars and demonstrations using a 4,000 gallon, 40-foot long tank filled with live fish;
• $5,000 to Chicago Filmmakers;
• $5,000 to the Bucket Boys, a hip-hop percussive duo “using a medley of junk collected from wrecking yards, trash bins, basements and attics;”
• $1,900 to Digging Records, a “full-service recording, duplication and graphic design resource;”
• $1,100 to Island Enterprises Inc, a company providing “everything for luaus and Hawaiian themed events from dancers to music to props and apparel;”
• $750 to Sounds of Good News Productions, an “inspirational communications company that gives life
enhancement through music, art, drama, publications and self-improvement trainings;” and
• $600 to Artists of Note, a folk art booking agency.
Question... Did McGuire ever complain about ANY of this?
Power companies basically enjoy monopoly status, and certainly do well in Illinois. In fiscal year 2010, the DCEO provided Tenaska Energy with a $10 million grant and Synchronous Energy Solutions with a $32,000 grant.
* The DCEO gave out many refunds to power companies in the state.
* The Illinois Power Company received a $2,236,485 refund;
* The Central Illinois Public Service Company received a $1,341,891 refund;
* Commonwealth Edison received a $1 million refund;
* and the Central Illinois Light Company received a $894,594 refund.
Question... Did McGuire Do in 2011?
He voted YES to the over-ride the Governor's veto and Raised YOUR electric rates by $36 starting in 2012 and left the DOOR OPEN for future rate hikes in 2013-through-2021, because this was a 10-YEAR BILL!